You may be familiar with “uneven skin tones” but have you ever heard of an uneven skin texture? Although it is just as common, having textured skin isn’t talked about enough. “Textured skin” is when the surface of your face feels bumpy and rough, overall giving your skin a dull appearance. If you are someone who has textured skin, you may believe that this is natural for you and that it can’t be fixed. No worries…we have some tips for you to try!
What Causes Textured Skin?
- Excessive build-up of dead skin cells
- Excessive sun exposure
- Disrupts the natural pore size
- Dry skin type
How to Address Textured Skin
- Exfoliate: We encourage you to use the Smoothing Peeling Gel, 2-3 times a week, to help remove any dead skin cells you may have.
- Use More Oil: If you have small rough patches of skin rather than your face being fully textured, use oil-based products such as the Cleansing Oil to help control the sebum production and the Moisture Balancing Toner to help balance your skin complexion and to reduce the appearance of pores.
- Add Vitamin C Into Your Routine: The benefits of having Vitamin C in your skin routine are that it can address uneven skin tones, textures and it aids in improving hyperpigmentation.
- Apply SPF: Making sure you protect your face with SPF (sun protection factor) is important because you can prevent your pores from enlarging and exposing yourself to sun damage.
If you think it’s too late for you to improve your textured skin, think again! By consistently applying these tips and using the Beyond Glow skincare products, you are bound to see an improvement in the texture of your skin!